Temporary Workforce Liaison - Antioch
TEMPORARY WORKFORCE LIAISON
Rubicon transforms communities by equipping low-income East Bay residents to break the cycle of poverty. We believe community transformation is best accomplished when led by residents themselves, and our program offers participants the opportunity to become change agents in their community. By strengthening their own financial, social and health situation, participants emerge ready to act as leaders in community and civic life. Their personal successes will have a ripple effect, benefiting their family and broader community.
We are seeking a Temporary Workforce Liaison to partner with East Bay businesses who have open positions. This person is a face for Rubicon Programs, representing the organization and providing stellar placements.
- *Assist businesses by identifying and presenting qualified Rubicon job seekers based on workforce needs. Deliver quality employer/customer services before, during, and after placement, including sharing timely employment information and resources with Rubicon job seekers and staff, and utilizing Rubicon’s Job Connect to promote experiential work opportunities, job orders and leads
- *Maintain community partner relationships and continuously expand Rubicon’s client base to include sufficient opportunities meeting the needs of Rubicon program participants. Partnerships must include paid/unpaid experiential learning opportunities such as transitional employment, subsidized on-the-job training, community service/volunteer work, internships, immediate employment opportunities, and long-term career-oriented employment at or above the self-sufficiency standard
- *Facilitate employment readiness workshops, discussion groups and/or classes to assist job seekers with the development of individualized job search strategies
- *This position requires the incumbent to travel to different business throughout the Bay Area; therefore, proof of a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required
- Provide ongoing job retention support to both participants and employers for one-year post placement into unsubsidized employment and document and report progress per agency standards
* To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Recruiting, job placement, or sales/business development experience and expertise with a results orientation; candidates will be expected to demonstrate proof of having developed effective outreach strategies, ease and success with making cold calls and presentations, and using effective closing techniques
- Teamwork, interpersonal flexibility, relationship-building, relationships management, coaching and excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Group facilitation or training experience
- Technology: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience using client record management systems and/or databases
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter describing your interest, qualifications for this position and salary expectations
Rubicon Employment Application (click on link to download) http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/Rubicon_Employment_Application_Jun17.pdf
Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form (click on link to download) http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/RubiconApplicantTrackingForm.pdf
- Submissions lacking any of the documents above will not be considered; thank you for understanding
- This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time
- Rubicon Programs is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran Friendly employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate the right to work within the United States. Rubicon gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, political affiliation, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws and regulations. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you have a disability and need accommodations for the application process.