We are seeking a Reentry Specialist to perform a wide range of critical roles to ensure the successful operation of the Reentry Success Center in Richmond, CA. The Center is a central hub that coordinates reentry services for formerly incarcerated people. Working with Center staff and partners, the Specialist fosters client engagement and retention; delivers services to increase client success; supports community outreach and engagement to clients, partners, and other stakeholders; and supports a range of the Center’s day-to-day operations and programs. The Specialist may frequently serve as a “first contact” for clients as they begin to engage with the Center; and helps set and maintain the Center’s culture by fostering welcoming, acceptance, inclusion, and collective excellence.
Contra Costa County residents and formerly incarcerated individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
- Member intake and follow-up support: Serve as a welcoming, positive, and empathetic point of contact with clients as they engage with the Center; provide honest, productive feedback and supportive guidance to help clients identify priorities; provide informational orientations about the Center and its work for clients; schedule clients for program activities; and follow-up with clients by phone, text messaging, and email to track progress.
- Partnership support: Work with Center partners to coordinate implementation of client service plans; help address day-to-day logistical or collaborative challenges experienced by partners (either between partners or between partner & client); help partners make appropriate referrals (both on-site and off-site); as needed, participate in case conference meetings.
- Data gathering and use: Use and support others in using the Center’s customized data platform; gather and enter appropriate client data at each “touch point” along a client’s journey.
- Outreach: Serve as an external ambassador about the Center at community events and forums; provide information about the Center through community outreach (including inside the County jails, community-based settings, neighborhood councils, faith-based partners, and others).
Competitive benefits include: Kaiser HMO/HSA medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision service plan, generous paid sick leave and our company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan. Eligible employees also earn paid personal days, up to 3 weeks (annualized) paid vacation in the first three years and up to 4 weeks (annualized) thereafter, plus 10 company holidays.
- Personal and/or professional experience working with the reentry population or other people facing complex challenges; includes initiative and a strong set of interpersonal skills in problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution, and a high tolerance for ambiguity and composure in difficult situations.
- Customer focus, teamwork and relationship management.
- Solid administrative skills including attention to detail, accuracy and procedure; data gathering and entry; and the proficient use of databases and Microsoft Office.
To apply, please email the following to RichmondEEJobs@rubiconprograms.org
- Resume and cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for this position
- Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form
- Rubicon Employment Application
Please Note: Submissions lacking any of the above documents above may not be considered; thank you for understanding.
This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Veteran Friendly Employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate right to work within the United States.