The Payroll/HR Specialist is primarily responsible for providing back up support to the Payroll/Benefits Manager. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and also provides recruiting and benefits support. Candidates seeking part-time work are also encouraged to apply.
- Full-cycle payroll processing using ADP Workforce Now for 160 + California based employees.
- Ensures that all employee data is entered in ADP accurately. Updates payroll and spreadsheet records for hires, promotions, terminations.
- Verifies timesheets for accuracy and informs employees and managers of current wage and hour regulations.
- Generates and submits payroll-related reports, as well as provides assistance with surveys, inquiries and audits requiring payroll and employee information.
- Assists staff with general questions relating to payroll
- Ensures compliance with prevailing wage determinations
- Processes certified payroll weekly
- Manages DMV Driver authorization
- Maintains applicant tracking and assists supervisors with recruiting needs by managing full cycle recruitment to include creating job descriptions, posting jobs, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews.
- Maintains personnel files
- Prepares and conducts new hire orientation and participates in annual benefits open enrollment.
- Prepares and processes new hire packages.
- Administers group health plans (medical, dental, vision); includes determining eligibility, processing enrollments/changes, resolving issues, reconciling statements, preparing invoices, maintaining inventory of benefit documents, primary responsibility for annual Open Enrollment which includes responding to staff inquires.
Competitive benefits include: Kaiser HMO/HSA medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision service plan, generous paid sick leave and our company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan. Eligible employees also earn paid personal days, paid vacation and 10 company holidays.
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience. Must have strong payroll background
- Experience with Payroll Systems
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Maintains confidential information
1. ADP Payroll Processing
Email the following to email@example.com.
Cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for this position
Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form
Rubicon Employment Application
Submissions lacking any of the documents above will not be considered; thank you for understanding
This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time
Rubicon Programs is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate the right to work within the United States.Rubicon gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.Please contact the Human Resources Department if you have a disability and need accommodations for the application process
We’d like to hear from you!