HR Specialist (Payroll Backup)
We are seeking an HR Specialist who will be a critical member of our HR team, providing recruiting and benefits support, as well as serve as a back up to payroll services.
Assist HR Director in executing programs and processes, including:
- *Recruiting (outreach and job posting), applicant tracking, resume
- *Tracking Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation and compliance with other federal and state regulations and employment laws
- Onboarding; explaining group health plans
- Administering group health plans, resolving issues, reconciling statements, processing new enrollments and changes, actively participate in annual Open Enrollment
- Assists staff with general questions about payroll, benefits, and other HR-related concerns
General administration tasks, including:
- *Copying new hire packets
- *Filing (including maintenance of binders and personnel files)
- *Maintaining inventory of HR documents including state pamphlets and benefits enrollment documents
Payroll tasks, including:
- *Full cycle payroll processing using ADP Workforce Now
- *Ensure accurate employee data is entered into ADP, update payroll and spreadsheets for hires, promotions, and terminations
- *Verify timesheets for accuracy
- Generate and submit payroll-related reports as well as provide assistance with surveys, inquiries, and audits
- *Ensure compliance with prevailing wage determinations
- *Process certified weekly payroll
* To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
Competitive benefits include: Medical, dental, and vision, generous paid sick leave, vacation, and our company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan. Eligible employees also earn paid personal days and 10 company holidays.
- Payroll experience (ADP Workforce Now preferred)
- HR expertise including understanding of employment law, EEO guidelines, recruiting, health and welfare benefit programs
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to effectively collaborate with individuals in all areas of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (bilingual Spanish, preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Skilled at diplomacy and maintaining confidential information
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for this position
Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form
Rubicon Employment Application
Submissions lacking any of the documents above will not be considered; thank you for understanding
This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time
Rubicon Programs is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate the right to work within the United States. Rubicon gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you have a disability and need accommodations for the application process.
We’d like to hear from you!