Office Manager, Hayward/Oakland
We are seeking a friendly, multi-tasking, extremely organized team player with excellent supervisory skills to provide superior office management, reception, and administrative support to three programs providing employment readiness training and preparation to low-income and disadvantaged populations (CalWORKs, GA and WIOA program participants). Responsibilities include the supervision of administrative assistant(s), career center interns and volunteers.
The office manager will oversee all lobby and reception services in our Hayward career center, including phone, guest and mail communications. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting program staff at our Oakland site. Responsibilities include maintenance of all office areas and equipment, as well as purchasing within budget and policy guidelines. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Hayward Site Manager.
- Reception: Oversee all lobby and reception services, including phone, guest and mail communications.
- Administrative Support: Responsible for all site administrative activities, including supervising the administrative assistant(s), interns and volunteers. Involves data entry and filing, administering participant support resources, performing quality assurance on client paperwork and ensuring administrative coverage across multiple sites.
- Office and Equipment: Responsible for the availability, including maintenance of all office areas and equipment. Includes purchasing within budget and policy guidelines.
* To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
Excellent benefits include health plans, paid vacation and sick leave, employer sponsored 403(b) plan.
NOTICE: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Rubicon reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with or without notice.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values diversity of culture and thought. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon is using E-Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and supervisory skills and abilities;
- Interpersonal flexibility, teamwork and strong oral and written communication skills;
- MS Office Suite; desktop publishing proficiency desirable;
- Daily errands in support of the office are required; a valid driver’s license, a clear driving record and proof of current personal vehicle insurance;
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter (your interest in and qualifications for this position)
- Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form
- Rubicon Employment Application
Submissions lacking any of the documents above cannot be considered; thank you for understanding.