Impact Coach, Antioch
We are seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented and experienced coach with excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills to support low-income adults as they strive to overcome barriers to economic empowerment. You will collaborate with, coach, model, cheer on, and advocate for the people you serve; and you will facilitate their access to financial, housing, legal, career, and wellness resources within and outside of Rubicon, as they chart their own course out of poverty.
We strive to provide excellent services, yet believe that services alone are not enough to break the cycle of poverty. We also work to fight oppressive systems that keep people in poverty, both directly as an organization, and by equipping our participants to fight as well.
If you have experience with intensive case management and/or coaching; if you have worked with people experiencing homelessness, previously incarcerated individuals, and/or low-income parent(s); if you have experience or/training identifying, normalizing, and triaging behavioral health needs and can recognize, support and motivated adults with common diagnoses such as PTSD or substance abuse; and if you are passionate about assisting individuals facing individual and systemic barriers with making long-lasting changes in their lives, we want to talk to you!
Competitive benefits include: Kaiser HMO/HSA medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision service plan, generous paid sick leave and our company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan. Eligible employees also earn paid personal days, up to 3 weeks (annualized) paid vacation in the first three years and up to 4 weeks (annualized) thereafter, plus 10 company holidays.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Solid proficiency with motivational interviewing and trauma informed care principles required; working knowledge of effective coaching techniques desired.
- Experience and expertise in the multiple, complex obstacles to prosperity for people in poverty; solid understanding of social, institutional and systemic causes of poverty; strong knowledge of local service provider networks desired.
- Behavioral health proficiencies: Adept at identifying, communicating and documenting symptoms and functional limitations, including their severity, of conditions common to people who have experienced the trauma and stress of living in poverty (for example depression, anxiety, PTSD, addiction and others).
- Relationship building; interpersonal flexibility; valuing diversity; visioning; attention to detail; thoroughness; open mindedness, growth mindset.
- Skillful teamwork and leadership; solid organizational abilities; excellent oral and written communication and facilitation skills.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel efficiently throughout the East Bay. If s/he opts to meet these travel requirements by driving, proof of a valid and current driver license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.
To apply, please email the following to AntiochJobs@rubiconprograms.org
- Cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for this position
- Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form: http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/RubiconApplicantTrackingForm.pdf
- Rubicon Employment Application: http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/RubiconEmploymentApplication.pdf
Please Note: Submissions lacking any of the above documents above may not be considered; thank you for understanding.
This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Veteran Friendly Employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate right to work within the United States