Impact Coach - Antioch
Rubicon transforms communities by equipping low-income East Bay residents to break the cycle of poverty. We believe community transformation is best accomplished when led by residents themselves, and our program offers participants the opportunity to become change agents in their community. By strengthening their own financial, social and health situation, participants emerge ready to act as leaders in community and civic life. Their personal successes will have a ripple effect, benefiting their family and broader community.
We are seeking an Impact Coach, which is part of a program pilot with responsibilities and program delivery strategies expected to evolve over time; in addition to the competencies detailed below, innovation, initiative and a tolerance for ambiguity will therefore be critical competencies for success.
Case management: Includes fostering participant engagement and motivation, conducting assessments to identify service needs in the areas of behavioral health and housing, de-escalating behavioral health crises as needed, individualized service plan development and continuous updating, tracking and documenting participant progress against the plan, developing new relationships with outside resources to meet participant needs, and eliciting participant feedback regularly regarding service needs and satisfaction.
Service coordination and leadership: Includes organizing and facilitating case conferences or other appropriate communication among all team members regarding participant progress and service needs, transmitting information from and about participant to other team members accurately and in a timely manner, and ensuring participants access needed services from Rubicon’s financial, legal, career and wellness teams and with community partners and coordinating multi-disciplinary services overall.
Pilot participation: Includes actively participating in development and execution of pilot experiments to assess the effectiveness of program components, tracking and reporting on metrics specific to the pilots.
Travel: This position requires the incumbent to travel efficiently throughout the East Bay. If s/he opts to meet these travel requirements by driving, proof of a valid and current driver license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.
* To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Solid proficiency with motivational interviewing and trauma informed care principles required; working knowledge of effective coaching techniques desired
- Experience and expertise in the multiple, complex obstacles to prosperity for people in poverty; solid understanding of social, institutional and systemic causes of poverty; strong knowledge of local service provider networks desired
- Behavioral health proficiencies: Adept at identifying, communicating and documenting symptoms and functional limitations, including their severity, of conditions common to people who have experienced the trauma and stress of living in poverty (for example depression, anxiety, PTSD, addiction and others)
- Relationship building; interpersonal flexibility; valuing diversity; visioning; attention to detail; thoroughness; open mindedness, growth mindset
- Skillful teamwork and leadership; solid organizational abilities; excellent oral and written communication and facilitation skills
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter describing your interest, qualifications for this position and salary expectations
Rubicon Employment Application (click on link to download) http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/Rubicon_Employment_Application_Jun17.pdf
Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form (click on link to download) http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/RubiconApplicantTrackingForm.pdf
- Submissions lacking any of the documents above will not be considered; thank you for understanding
- This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time
- Rubicon Programs is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran Friendly employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate the right to work within the United States. Rubicon gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, political affiliation, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws and regulations. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you have a disability and need accommodations for the application process.