Human Resources Director
We are seeking an experienced, highly dedicated, compassionate leader to manage our strategic and operational HR plans, programs and processes, and to collaborate with our Chief Talent Officer on Talent Management Initiatives. If this is you, please keep reading; we'd like to hear from you!
Our Human Resources Director is responsible for executing all of the human resource functions of the organization for 160+ employees. Responsibilities include providing guidance and oversight on all aspects of employment with Rubicon, application of Rubicon’s policies and practices, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance in employment practices, and serving as a trusted coach and advisor to managers and staff regarding human resources issues. This position reports to the General Counsel. The HR Director serves as Rubicon’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer.
1. Manage HR strategic and operational plans, programs and processes, including:
- All aspects of the employee lifecycle, including hiring processes, job descriptions and postings, applicant tracking, employee relations, and performance management processes.
- Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, Workers Compensation and compliance with other federal and state regulations and employment laws.
- Compensation and benefits, including maintaining the integrity of the salary structure.
- Guiding management teams in HR matters and participating in coaching, disciplining and terminating employees.
2. Maintain, update, and ensure implementation of HR Policies, programs and systems for the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization; this will include the employee handbook, the HRIS database, and executive level reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
3. Collaborate with the Chief Talent Officer on Talent Management initiatives in areas of overlapping responsibility. These areas may include:
- Recruitment, performance management; design of professional development programs; retention practices
- Succession planning
- Development of career lattices and strategies to support employee growth and development within Rubicon; implementation of strategies.
* To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
Competitive benefits include: Kaiser HMO/HSA medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision service plan, generous paid sick leave and our company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan. Eligible employees also earn paid personal days, up to 3 weeks (annualized) paid vacation in the first three years and up to 4 weeks (annualized) thereafter, plus 10 company holidays.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Comprehensive HR expertise in employment law, EEO guidelines, employee management, health and welfare benefit programs, and full cycle recruiting.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple diverse parties throughout organization.
- Experience and desire to effectively engage employees through coaching, advising and mentoring.
- Business acumen, successful leadership experience and excellent communication and consultation skills.
- Commitment to Rubicon’s values, mission and communities. High degree of cultural responsiveness, cultural humility and professional integrity. Commitment to HR ethical and professional standards.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel efficiently throughout the Bay Area therefore proof of a valid driver license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.
To apply, please complete and email the following to RichmondEEJobs@rubiconprograms.org
- Your cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for this position
- Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form: http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/RubiconApplicantTrackingForm.pdf
This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Veteran Friendly Employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate right to work within the United States. If interested please let us know! Thank you.