Economic stability through immediate employment is a primary concern and priority for a vast majority of Rubicon participants. Within the Pathways phased service approach, the Employment Coach works within the Employment Services component and provides the first phase of services by focusing on securing immediate short-term employment and/or income support to stabilize participants’ lives. The Employment Coach provides job readiness training and support through group and individualized support services designed to help participants develop essential skills (job readiness, resume, cover letter, and reference list development, master application completion, internet job search skills, etc.) needed to successfully identify and secure immediate employment. The Employment Coach integrates technology into the job search and job readiness programming to help participants build their digital literacy skills.
To help build participant self-efficacy and higher order thinking skills, Pathways is designed as an intentionally self-driven employment and career services model. The Employment Coach works dynamically and collaboratively with participants using employment coaching, job search assistance, and project based learning tools and strategies to prepare participants for a successful job search. Additionally, the Employment Coach understands the unique challenges faced by individuals from socially and economically marginalized backgrounds and knows how to adapt and apply established, as well as innovative, employment coaching and job search strategies to meet their needs. To be effective in this approach, the Employment Coach maintains consistent engagement with the participant’s Impact Coach and the Business Services Representative/Employer Relations Specialist to ensure the participant feels supported throughout the process.
This position is part of a program pilot with responsibilities and program delivery strategies anticipated to evolve over time; in addition to the competencies detailed below, innovation, initiative and a tolerance for ambiguity will therefore be critical competencies for success. Researching, developing and applying innovative job search tools and strategies will be required to prepare participants for a successful job search within the Pathways model.
- Assist participants to identify, select and apply for open positions matching their qualifications. This involves sharing timely employment information and resources and promoting Rubicon’s Job Connect for access to employer job orders and leads.
- Provide individual and group employment readiness workshops, discussion groups and/or classes based on participant needs, including resume development, interviewing skills, and online job search resources and strategies.
- Provide participants with ongoing coaching and support throughout the job search process. Collaborate with the Impact Coach and Business Services Representative for service coordination as needed. Motivate participants to achieve goals and provide participants with honest, productive feedback.
- Includes coordination of employment readiness workshops and oversight of the computer lab and lab volunteers; Assessing participant level of computer proficiency and assisting them in use of the computers including accessing MS Word, Excel and Outlook in support of their job search activities.
- Strong experience and expertise with employment readiness training and/or effective job search strategies.
- Solid workshop facilitation skills and abilities; computer and internet proficiency.
- Teamwork, interpersonal flexibility, excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to inspire others.
Email the following to RichmondEEJobs@rubiconprograms.org
Cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for this position
Rubicon Employment Application (click on link to download)http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/Rubicon_Employment_Application_Jun17.pdf
Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form (click on link to download)http://rubiconprograms.org/assets/uploads/page/RubiconApplicantTrackingForm.pdf
Submissions lacking any of the documents above will not be considered; thank you for understanding
This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time
Rubicon Programs is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and we utilize E-Verify to validate the right to work within the United States.Rubicon gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.Please contact the Human Resources Department if you have a disability and need accommodations for the application process.