What story does this image tell?
The right candidate will have a passion for storytelling, and believe deeply in our mission to equip people to break the cycle of poverty. The Communications Manager will work as part of a highly collaborative team to meet the agency's fundraising goal, and to support the agency's overall strategic plan. Most importantly, the Communications Manager will tell the stories of the more than 1,200 men and women we serve each year.
We're looking for someone with top-notch writing and editing skills, and demonstrated experience initiating, managing, and completing complex projects with minimal oversight. A strong eye for design, and/or experience in graphic design, photography, video, or radio/podcast is a plus. These skills come together to create a variety of publications for Rubicon that currently include our annual report, blog, social media, and a wide variety of marketing materials. The Communications Manager also provides support and leadership for Rubicon's annual fundraising event, and other community outreach opportunities. The Development Department also supports a variety of agency-wide campaigns that directly benefit our participant community.
1. Produce high-quality content and create publishing schedule for feature stories, profiles, blog posts, social media, press releases and other marketing materials. Creating accompanying art as needed.
2. Create and execute communications strategies that support the strategic plan and fundraising goals of the Development Department, the agency’s overall strategic plan, and moves the agency’s mission to break the cycle of poverty in East Bay communities forward.
3. Support marketing, fundraising, and volunteer events including annual fundraising event, volunteer events, and support for participant events as needed.
1. Expertise in reporting news and events, interviewing, and generating content for a variety of media and audiences.
2. Demonstrated experience developing and executing communications strategies.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including professional level copy editing, and proofreading.
4. MS Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop proficiency. Desirable skills and expertise: graphic design, photography, video/podcast production.
5. Demonstrated project management experience for print, web, video or other complex multi-media projects.