We are actively seeking an experienced professional with case management and service coordination experience to provide coaching and support to low-income CalWORKs program participants in the pursuit of self-sufficiency. This position requires computer proficiency using case record management systems and the knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Job placement and retention: Develop employer contacts and referral sources and generate job leads; market services; make job placements and provide post-placement support to clients and employers; participate in employer recruitment events; job fairs, and networking events.
- Case management: Conduct intake interviews, eligibility determination, pre-employment preparation, and advocacy; ensure client accesses all needed Rubicon services including Housing and Financial Services, as well as services at partner organizations; accompany clients to appointments.
- Coaching: Assess client needs and collaborate with the client to develop and follow a self-sufficiency plan; motivate the client to achieve career goals and provide the client with honest, productive feedback.
- Group facilitation/instruction: Facilitate client workshops, discussion groups and/or classes on topics including but not limited to job readiness, cognitive thinking, and financial literacy.
- Solid job development, career counseling and/or case management experience and expertise;
- Teamwork, interpersonal flexibility, excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to inspire others;
- Solid workshop facilitation skills and abilities; computer and internet proficiency.
- This position requires occasional travel to appointments and other Rubicon meetings; if the employee opts to meet these travel requirements by driving, proof of a valid and current driver license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.