We are looking for a talented storyteller to join Rubicon’s Development team. The idea candidate will have a strong portfolio of written work that demonstrates not only top-notch writing skills, but also experience working and writing about diverse communities and people. He or she will also have the people skills needed to build relationships and trust with Rubicon participants, staff and other stakeholders, and to ensure that their stories are told with integrity and respect. A strong eye for design and demonstrated skill in graphic design, photography, or art direction is highly desired. Strong computer skills including MS Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, ExpressionEngine (or other CMS platforms) are required, and experience with video/audio editing is a plus.
1. Producing high-quality content for feature stories, profiles, blog posts, social media, press releases and other marketing materials. Creating accompanying art as needed.
2. Telling Rubicon’s story on the web (including website, blog, social media), and in print publications (including annual report, giving campaigns, and other marketing collateral) for a variety of audiences that include staff, board members and other individual donors, corporate partners, foundations, and media.
3. Managing the Rubicon website and other online platforms.
To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these skills.
1. Expertise in reporting news and events, interviewing, and generating content for a variety of media and audiences.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including professional level copy editing, and proofreading.
3. MS Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop proficiency. Desirable skills and expertise: graphic design, photography, video/podcast production.
4. Demonstrated project management experience for print, web, video or other complex multi-media projects.
Competitive Benefits Include: Kaiser HMO/HSA and MetLife dental health plans, paid vacation, paid sick leave, vision service plan, ten company holidays, and an employer sponsored 403(b) plan
Notice: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Rubicon reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with or without notice.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values diversity of culture and thought. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, convection history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon uses E-Verfy to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.